Indicator Name: ClusterDelta_#OHLC_Chart
The indicator is designed to demonstrate a futures chart over a spot chart. This will make it possible to see the correlation between the two charts, determine the value of forex_shift, or use indicators directly on the futures chart.
The #OHLC_Chart indicator loads the futures chart over the native forex/spot chart. It is very important that the tick size of the spot chart matches the tick size of the futures in the number of decimal places after the point.
Sometime, a spot may move differently from a futures, and if the spot is analyzed through the the futures data, a data inconsistency may be found. This indicator will help to understand where these inconsistency are located and to analyze the reasons.
All ClusterDelta indicators are based on futures data; therefore, if you wish, you can turn off the spot correction (forex_shift_auto / forex_shift inputs) and use them directly with futures charts.
This indicator has a graphical panel with interactive options for displaying and disabling the futures / spot chart, and also the option to display or hide the current futures price.
In some cases, if weird changes have occurred in the color scheme of the chart during the functionality of the indicator, the color scheme can be returned by pressing the F8 button, selecting the color tab and in the lower right corner press the "Reset" button
Description of graphic panel:
- Futures Chart - display / hide the futures chart in the workspace
- Spot (Forex) Chart - display / hide the spot chart in the workspace. The spot chart is a native chart that provided by MetaTrader
- Show Futures Price - display / hide the current futures price
- Load History - loading more history of futures chart
You can hide the panel completely from the screen with the "Z" button - pressing it again will return the panel display.
The F5 button allows you to reinitialize the coordinates of the panel based on the current size of the chart window (it helps if the panel has disappeared from the workspace). Please note that resetting coordinates will not display the panel that is already hidden by the Z button or by the input "GUI" parameter.
When adding an indicator to a chart, priority is given to the input parameters. However, after making changes to the settings through the graphic panel, the indicator takes the current parameters from the graphic panel when the timeframe changes. In some cases, removing and re-attaching an indicator will help to solve a specific problem.
Description of graphic panel:
1 - authorization status (for more details on authorization, see the How to install and use indicators section)
- Days (значение по умолчанию "5") - the number of days to load data of the chart.
- Comment_On_TimeFrame (value is "(0-All, 1-M1, 2-M5, 4-M15, 8-M30, ") - a comment describing Only_On_TimeFrame parameter possible values
- Comment_On_TimeFrame_ (value is "16-H1, 32-H4, 64-D1) - can be mixed")
- Only_On_TimeFrame (default value is "0") - used to display data on specific timeframes. Since objects are plotted directly on the chart, the native "display" tab and the data in it are ignored. To apply a data to specific timeframes it is necessary to add the numbers of these timeframes (the numbers are indicated in the comment above). For all timeframes, leave "0", to display only on the M5 timeframe, put "2", and, for example, for only M30 and H1 timeframes, add 8 and 16 and insert the result (24) into the Only_On_TimeFrame value.
- Custom_Start_time, Custom_End_time (default value is "2021.01.01 00:00") - if Custom_Start_Time and Custom_End_Time differ from "2021.01.01 00:00" the server loads data for the period specified by these parameters
- Forex_Chart (по умолчанию "true") - display / hide the spot chart in the workspace.
- Futures_Price (по умолчанию "true") - display / hide the current futures price in the workspace.
- Futures_Price_Line - line color from the chart to the current futures price
- Futures_Price_Font - font of the current futures price
- Futures_Price_Background - background of the current futures price
- Bar_Shadow - background color for candle shadows (better to use the value "None" as transparent background)
- Bar_Bear_Border - border color for the bear candle
- Bar_Bear_Fill - filling color for the bear candle
- Bar_Bull_Border - border color for the bull candle
- Bar_Bull_Fill - filling color for the bull candle
- GUI (default values is "true") - flag indicating the need to draw a graphical user interface (control panel)
- GUI_Hint - using the keyboard : press "Z" to show/hide a graphical control panel
2 - the name of the indicator and the instrument - the data source. Using Drag & Drop, you can move the panel along the chart (to activate the panel, you may need to double-click the mouse)
3 - the icon to Expand/Collapse graphic panel